CIBC Wood Gundy- A One Hundred Year Old Institution
The Wood Gundy partnership opened its doors for business in Toronto on February 1, 1905, specializing in underwriting and distributing municipal and provincial bonds. Its young founders, George Herbert Wood and James Henry Gundy, envisioned a financial services firm built on innovation, integrity and solid client relationships – values that the firm maintains today.
Acquired by CIBC in 1988, what is now known as CIBC Wood Gundy has created a legacy of helping generations of Canadians meet their financial goals.
Today, CIBC Wood Gundy is the retail division of CIBC World Markets Inc., the corporate and investment banking arm of CIBC, a full-service global financial institution. Over 1,000 CIBC Wood Gundy Investment Advisors work in more than 80 branches across Canada, upholding the standards first envisioned by George Wood and James Gundy over a century ago to ensure our name remains synonymous with trust, excellent service and investment expertise.