Developing and executing an investment strategy that generates desirable returns over the long term is a critical part of a successful wealth management plan. Our role, however, also includes providing high-level financial planning advice.
Typical concerns that we provide solutions to include:
- How much must I save to ensure a comfortable retirement?
- How much investment income can I withdraw without depleting my portfolio?
- If I am withdrawing regular retirement income from my portfolio, how do I prevent a stock market pullback from impairing my long term plan?
- How do I minimize taxation?
- Should I contribute to a RRSP / Spousal RRSP / TFSA, or invest within a holding company?
- How should I best save for my child's / grandchild's education?
- How much and what type of insurance should I have?
- How do I most effectively support the charitable causes I care about?
- How do we most effectively pass our cottage to our beneficiaries?
- How do we structure an estate plan to ensure our children are all treated equally when one of them has been given the family cottage / business / farm?
- Are the powers of attorney, trustee's and executor(s) named in my will appropriate? Should I consider naming a professional trustee/executor?