Portfolio Partner®: The Best Of Both Worlds
Portfolio Partner is a premium portfolio service that allows us to work closely with eligible clients1 to implement a tailored investment strategy and manage your portfolio on an ongoing basis. Paying an annual fee (monthly or quarterly), instead of commissions on every transaction, grants you the freedom to pursue your investment strategy without being concerned with individual transaction costs on every trade.
Portfolio Partner offers:
- Professional investment advice
- Monthly or quarterly asset-based fee
- Commission-free trading
- Preferred interest rates on cash balances and margin loans
- No annual administration fee for enrolled, registered accounts
- Tax benefits
- A wide selection of investment options
- Renowned investment, corporate and industry research
- Detailed account statements and online access to account updates
With Portfolio Partner, you can leverage our experience, strategies and advice as we help you achieve diversification and a balanced portfolio specific to your financial goals.
There are a maximum number of commission-free trades allowed each year, based on the value of your account. Trades and annual fees are pro rated on an annualized basis. A standard trade fee applies to excess trades.
1 Minimum account balance of $100,000 per household.
Alternative investments can offer an effective way to diversify the portfolios of more sophisticated investors. Historically, alternative investment products were restricted to institutional investors and the exceptionally wealthy, with the intention of generating positive returns regardless of the state of the market. Today, they are available to a broader range of investors.
Typically, alternative investments are based on strategies that use leverage, arbitrage, derivatives and long or short positions.
As a CIBC Wood Gundy client, you have access to:
- Hedge funds
- Private equity
- Managed futures
- Structured products
When suitable, alternative investments can provide the following benefits:
- Increased diversification
- Reduced portfolio volatility
- Non-correlation to other asset classes
To determine whether alternative strategies may be a positive addition to your portfolio, contact me today.