Do you provide an Investment Policy Statement?
- We believe an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is the most important document in the advisor/client relationship and is a regulatory requirement for a discretionary portfolio management relationship. It is meant to provide clarity and transparency for the type of investments that will be suitable and allowable for that client relationship. It is also an explicit indicator of the amount of risk the client is willing to assume. It is meant to protect both the client and the portfolio manager and is updated as circumstances for each specific client dictate.
Do you provide financial and/or estate planning services?
- Yes, and Marta will provide detailed plans for our clients upon request at no additional cost.
Regular reporting monthly/quarterly to include what?
- Monthly statements as well as real-time online access if required
- Quarterly detailed performance reports
- In-person reviews at any point upon request
Are you prepared to meet in person how many times per year?
- Yes, we can meet whenever needed, based on the requirements of the relationship.
What about taxes? (income, capital gains, etc.)
- Where applicable, clients would receive tax slips for any income received, as well as summaries of realized gains and losses in their portfolio.