Singular goal. Singular focus.
Ensure your lifestyle never retires.
The Popowich Karmali Advisory Group only works with clients in one stage of life: retirement. From the preparation through transition and the many years of enjoying your retirement, this stage of life presents vastly different challenges than other stages of your life so far. By focusing only on retirement, the Popowich Karmali Advisory Group has developed a unique specialty and insight into managing this transitional period of your life.
Our specialty has allowed us to develop and offer a unique type of advisory practice. Some of the differences in philosophy and process that we offer include:
- Lifestyle Focus: Our primary measurement of success is that you are able to enjoy the lifestyle you want during your retirement. Because we realize that retirement isn't about a number - it's about how you want to live - we build our entire plan around your retirement goals.
- Strategic Plan Construction: Your portfolio should not be a collection of holdings that were a "good idea at the time." Rather, you should have a tactical and strategic mix of financial securities and strategies designed to achieve specific goals. We evaluate every product not only for its potential but also for its fit with your strategy and its ability to work within that strategy to achieve your specific goals.
- Institutional Portfolio Management Methodology: Your wealth may serve as part or all of your retirement income -- your own personal 'pension.' We use the advice and methods of global professional pension managers because we believe that even though your retirement income may come from your own savings rather than a company, it is just as deserving of the same expert management.
- Professional Wealth Management: We partner with sub-advisors including award-winning portfolio managers in order to offer you access to industry-leading insight and wealth management tools.
- Balancing Competing Goals: We know that retirement is a time of competing goals, and should not be approached in the same way as other stages of your life. Rather than the single goal of accumulation (growth) that you have had throughout your career (while you had an external source of income), you now must rely on your assets to support your lifestyle. This creates competing demands on your assets:
- growth, required to sustain your lifestyle by replenishing your income, but risky and typically better over the long term
- income, required to support your day-to-day life but depletes your assets, and which has a material impact on your lifestyle and therefore should not be exposed to risk
- preservation, maintaining your assets and purchasing power, particularly if you wish to leave a legacy to future generations; negatively impacted by your income and if you experience negative growth, and
- protection, which is the insurance your portfolio gives you against unexpected life events, but which is negatively impacted by the draw of income and potentially negative growth.
- Our portfolios are designed specifically to balance these competing goals, giving you the safety of predictable, sustainable income, together with protection, a plan for asset preservation and legacy distribution, and growth to replenish your income stream in perpetuity.
- Tax Optimization: We work with the accounting team of your choice in order to achieve the most tax-efficient solutions for all of your assets, beyond just your portfolio.
- A Complete Solution: The Popowich Karmali Advisory Group goes beyond simply managing your investments to include business succession planning, tax optimization, estate planning and insurance. Our goal is to ensure your lifestyle is protected holistically.
- Communication and Transparency: The Popowich Karmali Advisory Group is your partner in your financial decision making process and is dedicated to open communication and transparency. We believe that regular updates and reviews, information on portfolio changes, full disclosure of all fees and availability to answer your questions are the very minimum standard required for a transparent relationship. We also offer increased availability to you by taking a team approach to your assets, online access to your accounts (if you wish) to view your portfolio and its performance at any time, educational events, seminars and broadcasts to further your understanding of your finances, and daily and weekly market commentary on the radio. We believe there should be no mystery about your retirement, or as to why your portfolio is constructed as it is.
- Your Partner in Retirement: We realize that retirement is about more than just money. Through our extended network, we can help you find what you need to fulfill your retirement dreams, from golf courses to painting classes, sandy beaches to wine tours.